Hi there. My name is Maggie. I am continuously cultivating my life-long love of writing, reading and general wordiness. I am from Ohio but now live in Texas with my partner, Todd (m. 10/31/2019), and our Border Collie, Willa.
Me, March 2018.
The Straight Facts:
- I work FT as Todd’s legal assistant. He is primarily a criminal defense attorney,b ut he also works some CPS cases. He stays busy. I stay busy. I have been working for him, FT, for a year and all is well.
- I am a FT grad. student at Angelo State in the MS Counseling Psych. program. I hope/plan to graduate in May 2021. I am in the “home stretch,” which is simultaneously frightening and exciting.
- I plan to become a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) after I graduate, which will – hopefully – include specialized training for Licensed Sex Offender Treatment Provider (LSOTP) status.
- I am a proud, card-carrying Introvert (I don’t really have a card).
- I want to get more piercings and another tattoo.
- I love to read, but I do not read enough.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic and the stay-at-home situation, I took up cross stitching because I was having significant difficulty focusing when I tried to read. This made completing Spring Semester 2020 difficult, because grad. school demands a lot of reading. Cross stitching has been helpful to and good for me. I enjoy it, and I find it meditative. Who knew I’d ever enjoy a task that required so much concern for numbers and counting?
- I read a lot about serial killers, sex offenders, sex crimes, criminal thinking, murder. I also like to read psychological thrillers, general fiction and comedy. Christopher Moore is my favorite author.
- Atticus Finch and Hannibal Lecter are my favorite fictional characters.
- I like horror films and comedies. To be fair, I will watch almost anything and have been pleasantly surprised by some films I initially resisted, such as Interstellar and Saturday Night Fever.
- I do not believe that any victory is too small to be celebrated
- Made it to work on time? Way to go!
- Made it to the gym after work? You are unstoppable!
- Folded and put away all the laundry? Hi-5!
- Finished a blog post and posted it to be shared with the public? Watch out, world!
- I like music. Cold War Kids is my favorite band. I mostly like rock music. My taste is varied, but not anything to write home about. My newest favorite is Briston Maroney. I learned about him when he opened for CWK in October 2019.
- One of my biggest pet peeves is when a person states that s/he is weird/mysterious/unusual/different/difficult to understand/etc. Whatever you are, those around you will figure it out in time.
- If/When I feel scared watching a movie, I will avert my eyes from the screen, look straight down or cover my eyes. I want to watch the scary movie, but I don’t want to be startled.
- I believe that if I am ever brave enough to hand-feed a shark, I will be convinced that I can do anything (I have a curious love-hate relationship with sharks).
- I met Dr. Eric W. Hickey!
- I worry about criminal justice reform and want to find ways to be active and do what I can to help.
- Horton was right. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.”
Celebrity Crush: Jason Bateman.
Favorite Podcast: The Last Podcast on The Left; WTF with Marc Maron.
Desert Island Foods: Honeycrisp Apples, PB&J Sammiches, breakfast foods.
To Be Watched: ; Call Me Lucky; Experimenter; Attacking the Devil; A Girl Like Her; No Country For Old Men; ; The Confessions of Thomas Quick; The Witness; Boyhood; Colonia; Frailty; Tower; Audrie & Daisy; The Hunting Ground; Lost for Life; Night Will Fall; The Confession Tapes; Wormwood; Ozark; Creep 2; Silent Hill; Liberated: The New Sexual Revolution; Dr. Feelgood; Let There Be Light; 6 Souls; Who Took Johnny; The End of The Fucking World, American Meth; Deep Web; 11.22.63; Free to Run; The Path; Unsolved Mysteries; The Empowerment Project, etc..
Sign up HERE to Join the Adventure — you will receive email notification of all new posts to Common Adventure, and I will be ridiculously grateful to you.